Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 30, 2011

The "Official" Memorial Day. We spent the afternoon at nephew Taylor's house, had a virtual family reunion by videoconference (we are spread out from Bainbridge Island WA to England!), and enjoyed perfect weather.

On our way home, we drove through New Canaan CT where I had hoped to find some nice doors and windows. This house sits up above the sidewalk by a lot; stone steps lead up to the front walk from the sidewalk below. It was late afternoon, so the sun was coming through the flag from behind. There were five flags on this porch: a standard American flag, the "Betsy Ross" flag, the British flag, and two others, including this one. Don't know what it is exactly.


I also got an awesome picture from my friend Naomi. It was taken in Winchester Center, CT. Wish I'd taken this one too. I don't get away from my beaten paths enough to find cool places like this! Thank you, Naomi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment